Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

What is Tattooed Mommas?

Some of you may be wondering what this blog is all about and where the title came from. Tattooed Hippie Pirate Mommas, or Tattooed Mommas for short, is a group of women who met on meetup.com in July 2011. I was part of a local mom's group and hadn't really vibed well with the girls, partly because of social anxiety and mostly because I was afraid to death to look stupid as a new mom to two in front of strangers. Turns out, those women weren't as supportive as I thought they would be, so I distanced myself from the group.

A little bit about women: There are a few who never grow out of high school drama mode. Thankfully, there are a handful of awesome bitches who stand out above the rest, and those are the Tattooed Hippie Pirate Mommas. Well, at least they are now. After distancing myself for a bit, I started my own group on meetup to find other renegade out-of-the-box women... which immediately became wildly successful, and the other group leaders deleted me. Oh well, their loss.

There are 51 tattooed mommas today and we hang out weekly. I adore these women. I wouldn't make it through life without them.
Brittany, Lauren, me, Stephanie & Rachel at a family potuck, my house. vintage dress by gunne sax
my thrifting partner Skye and the adorable Myles
Becky and Elijah

Anja, Brittany, Rachel, Shannan, me, Angela, Skye and Lauren. (Angela doesn't count; she quit our group. We were too cool for her, obviously.)
Rachel, Lauren, Brittany, Kelley and me

Kelley and Skye

Sadon, Michelle and I

And they say I always look cute, but how cute are they?

Since our tattooed momma friends from other states wanted to join in our fun, we started a Facebook group for others to meet wherever they are. This is my group description:

For all of the tattooed hippie pirate mommas out there... We gotta stick together! ♥ Tattooed Hippie Pirate Mommas is a movement to bring all of the unconventional, out-of-the-box types of mommas together. It all started with a meetup.com group in north Texas, run by Stacy, the original tattooed hippie pirate momma. This group is for moms with tattoos to connect, wherever you are. Join forces, get tattoos together, show your children that you don't have to be" normal" to live a happy life! You can see Stacy's blog at http://tattooedhippiepiratemomma.blogspot.com/... and her twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/TatpirateMomma

Are you a tattooed hippie pirate momma? If so, follow my blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment