Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Absence and Chocolate

Sorry I've been away the last couple days. My outfits weren't worth sharing (jeans and boring tees) and I was spending time playing with the munchkins. On Thursday, we went to a play date at my tattooed momma friend's house, and we spent a lot of time this week playing outside. Today I let Stella go outside with Cole and as I watched them out the sliding glass doors, it occurred to me how fast they are growing up and how quickly life is going by. I feel so incredibly lucky that I am able to stay home with them and have seen every moment in their lives, from first steps to first boo-boos.

It is a rather weird week all around. Tonight I baked. That will tell you how weird it was.

Applesauce Chocolate Cake  

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened 
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
  • TOPPING:
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
 Directions
  1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with applesauce. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
This might be my favorite cake in the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment