It is a rather weird week all around. Tonight I baked. That will tell you how weird it was.
Applesauce Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with applesauce. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.