Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Quitting is Always What I've Done Best.

That's right, I'm a cloth diaper quitter. After three years of full dedication to making my babies have 'fluffy bums,' I've had enough. After Cole did so great with them and even potty-trained at 2.5, it was just a given that Stella would inherit his old dipes and be a cloth diaper big butt baby, too. Only recently when we noticed they were giving her bad rashes, we decided to switch to disposables.

It feels sooooooo good. (i hate to admit that. sorry, earth. i still love you.)

No more washing stinky diapers out in the sink and toilet, no more worrying about dipes being clean all the time. It frees up just a little more time in my day. I know some of you reading this are probably rolling your eyes, but it's not bothering me.

Three years > number of years left diapering = most important thing to me

I'm so glad the Tattooed Mommas were supportive - they even praised me for being dedicated for so long. I hung in there as long as I could. But with that second baby... well, she turned 1 and started walking while the 3-year-old discovered his new trick of climbing up on the back of the couch, and well, there just isn't the time to step away to rinse out a diaper.

On that note, Stella is climbing up the couch....

No comments:

Post a Comment