Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Seven Year Tattoo Itch

This week is my husband and my seventh wedding anniversary, so we got tattooed to celebrate. We took the kids to grandma and grandpa's and drove to our buddy's shop.

I ended up getting a daisy from our wedding bouquet that I am quite in love with.

Kevin got this mechanical ant from his friend Derrick. I'm lovingly calling him Anty. It's a Don Pendleton piece.


The artist Dan drew it up freehand to flow with my body. I didn't want any of my nearby pieces covered up, so he positioned it nicely. I plan on getting a yellow rose on the other shoulder to match this one, which will hover above my pirate girl piece on my left arm. Out of all of my tattoos, this spot definitely hurt the worst. He worked from detail/shading into the flower, and by the time he was inking the petals, I was squirming in my seat. It took me forever to get back into my tattoo "zone" once something took me off focus. All I could feel was the pain.. every time he hit a certain spot with his tattoo machine, I could feel the shivers down my collarbone.

Next time, there will be some pain pills involved with the yellow rose. And it will probably be a while before I can even go there. I always forget how much tattoos hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment