Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

First Loose Tooth, New Job & Foster Puppies

Life has settled down quite a bit after all of the reality tv producers and companies were trying to get the THPMs to do a show. The media hasn't called in months, and it's a welcome silence. It makes me feel more comfortable writing here because I don't get the overwhelming sense someone is taking my information to a public media source. I can finally talk about the things I want to talk about!


Like, Cole lost his first tooth!




I started a new job about six weeks ago that has become my newest obsession. It is absolutely perfect for me and although it isn't in journalism, it allows me to use my research and interviewing skills in a new, exciting way that actually pays better! Let's all do a happy dance! It's flexible so I only work 3 days a week and am able to be home with my kids for two days. They seem to have adjusted really well and it's only been six weeks. We've had a great live-in nanny for the past few months who they really like. She's moving to Austin at the end of May, so our friend will be our sitter until C starts kindergarten and S starts preschool in the fall.



We are fostering a Shepherd momma, Sasha, and her TEN puppies. She came to us from the local no-kill shelter I volunteer for when she was 10 days away from giving birth, and the vet techs estimated she was carrying seven puppies since she has a fairly small build, but they didn't have time to do an x-ray. Imagine my surprise when I thought she was finished at seven and then TWO MORE popped out!

She's a very sweet momma dog who will go back to the shelter to be adopted in about four weeks. Her pups will follow in another two. We named them all starting with the letter 'S' to make it easier for the shelter to keep track since they have so many animals. But we tried to keep a few original.

Here is momma:

A tiny newborn:


And here are the puppies at two weeks old... See how they fattened up! [For some reason I can't find week 1, sorry!]



And of course some adorable puppy shots to complete this entry.



No comments:

Post a Comment